What is Pilates?
- A type of exercise designed to improve your body’s strength, flexibility and posture. It is conscious movement with a strong focus on the “core”, i.e. abdominals, lower back, pelvic area.
- Our instructor’s primary emphasis is on stability and control of exercises.
- The sessions are taken by highly qualified instructors who have a good understanding of movement and health conditions.
- Due to today’s sitting culture, many people become weak in the “core” and inflexible. Pilates aims to counteract these negative effects.
What to expect?
- Individual assessments will be carried out on all new Pilates clients.
- Thereafter clients will be guided into a class that will best suit them. Alternately, the client may need a few one-on-one sessions, before entering a class environment. This is dependent on what the client needs, and prefers.
Who can do Pilates?
- We have Pilates Sandton classes to suit certain clients better than others, and will guide you as to which one will suit you best.
What do we offer?
- Mat classes (maximum of 6 people).
- Pilates for athletes (runners, cyclists etc.)
- Online classes